Love online: do not forget about your own security. How often do you forget about it, deciding to surf the world web? If you are so careless that you are ready to disclose your personal data and even meet with a suspicious person, then at least have an idea of some dangers. You can lose control of your personal information, as well as experience moral and/or physical damage, lose money, property, and even life.
- Loss of personal data
Malicious programs or hackers can monitor targeted traffic from dating sites to intercept important info. These platforms can also become an object of attack. Internet providers, censors, or government agencies can track visitor traffic in their own interests.
- Leakage of financial details
Your information may be lost along the way or stolen from the site by hackers and marketing specialists.
Targeted traffic can easily be used to spread malware and/or viruses. It can be switched to a clone which unsuspecting users download malware onto their computers. Governments of countries with rigid legislation can insert cookies or use other technologies to track the geo-location of visitors of a particular virtual platform.
Fake profiles are a real disaster. They can make acquaintance, start a friendship or love texting, which will result in the loss of information, money or, perhaps, both.
- The possibility of becoming a victim of violence
Those careless users who quickly agree to the first meeting often become the object of violence. Using the above method, fake users will offer their online victim a meeting in a secluded place and it is difficult to predict what will happen next.
What to know?
By visiting even one of the dozens of dating sites, you will quickly realize that many, if not most of the people are not who they say they are. Often, fraud occurs with the use of sophisticated software, called a “bot” the goal of which is to infect a user’s computer and obtain personal data.
- In order not to run into scammers, all you need is create an account and delete fake requests.
- In some cases, it makes sense to but premium service package in order to receive only verified messages. If it seems to you that your interlocutor is lying, it is better not to respond to him/her and delete his message.
- Verification is, in fact, useful in identifying the person and ensuring the safety of the contact, but bad people use fake verification to achieve their goals. They get acquainted with the real users of the site, begin to actively communicate, and then offer to attend the resource with several ID stages. You will be transferred to a page where, by providing the registration number and credit card details, you allegedly can pass the check.
What happens next? Fraudsters will find any reason to withdraw money from your card, for example, you will become the owner of a subscription to something and which will cost you $ 140 per month. Take care!